As market researchers and brand strategists, we help companies shape their futures by better understanding and connecting to the people they serve. We want to use these same skills to help those in the local community who may not otherwise be able to afford our services.
Through the annual Connell Community Collaboration (we adore alliteration – a lot), The Connell Group will select one local organization who will receive a pro bono strategy and research project worth up to $30,000.
Please apply here! Applications are due April 15.
Have more questions? Keep reading!
What is Connell’s Community Collaboration (or Cx3)?
- Connell’s Community Collaboration (or Cx3) is an initiative aimed at applying The Connell Group’s strengths and expertise to helping the community around us. We want to lend our services to local, determined organizations. By helping wonderful organizations increase their impact, we can do our part to make the world a better place.
Why are we doing it?
- Chicago is filled with so many incredible companies and we have had the opportunity to work with many of them. However, we know that there also extraordinary organizations that cannot get the capacity building services they need to reach their goals. We want to help them grow too! We put a lot of love and effort into our industry client work…now we want to work with you.
Who should apply?
- Local organizations focused on health, wellbeing, and development. Specifically:
- 501c(3), 501c(4), and 501c(7)
- Community Centers
- Incubators/startups focused on health, wellbeing, and community development
- Don’t see your specific type of organization? Don’t worry – we have an option for “Other!”
- Our selection criteria is focused on choosing an organization that:
- Is trying to make our city a better place focusing on health, wellbeing, or community development
- Has limited funds/resources to carry out their mission and goals
- Has the ability to execute on strategic recommendations
Why should your organization apply? (Spoiler: Because it’s awesome.)
- It’s tough saving the world! You’re the heroes. We’re here to help.
- If your organization is in need of any of the following, please apply!
- Balancing long term goals with short term business needs
- Creating a plan for growth
- Defining your target audience
- Differentiating vs. similar organizations
- Increasing revenues/fundraising
- Launching a rebranding initiative
- Launching new products or services
- Improving your stakeholder’s experience and the journey to donation
- Prioritizing initiatives to focus on the work that has the biggest impact
- Raising awareness of your company or organization
- Refining external communication and marketing efforts
- Understanding your audience's most important or unmet needs
What’s with the application?
- We just want to get to know you a bit and understand your organization’s goals. We promise this one’s short (~15 minutes).
- You can get the application here.
What happens after you apply?
- Applications are due April 15th.
- We will select four finalists that we'll ask to participate in a one-hour introductory call.
- Winner will be announced May 15th and we will kick off the project immediately.
- If there is one thing we’ve learned in nearly 20 years in business, it’s that every situation is unique. If you have a specific question unique to your organization, please don’t hesitate to shoot us an email (Cx3@connell-group.com).